After a delayed start (the co car failed but it is sorted now) we had a good day on Saturday.
The boiler has been washed out, the washout plugs cleaned, with a start made on the mud hole doors, and the arch has been removed and cleared away. Our delayed start meant a late finish (18:00 ish away from Carnforth) but we got done what we set out to do.
There will be another working party this coming Saturday - late finish very unlikely as I will not be there. There is plenty to do from removing spark arresters to cleaning fireboxes - the fun will be endless. There will even be tea and biscuits - just like at Grosmont only you will be working on a better engine