Just 2 days work on the K1 last week.
The cab and ashpan have been moved near to our coach. We have removed removed the AWS bell and horn and the various plates from the cab roof.
On the boiler the backhead cladding and lagging has been removed, the manifold has been prepared for removal and about half the dome cover nuts have been slackened off (they all needed heat to get them to move). The remaining crinolines have also been removed. The attached photos show the cab and ashpan next to our coach (note the Yorkshire flag - very popular with the natives) and the boiler as we left it on Saturday.
In addition to the work on the various bits of the loco, West Coast have now loaned us a GUV and we have made a good start in getting it ready for use as a store.
Many thanks to Angie Buxton, Rolly Bingham and Steve Gibson who have all worked on the loco since the last report.